Agriculture Scheme of Work for Primary 1 – 2nd Term
This is the scheme of work for agriculture for primary 1 (Basic 1) in Nigeria and entails 9 lessons for second term. It includes topics such as the meaning, types and uses of land, things found on the land, rocks and their uses. The scheme also covers topics such as the sun and other planets, air and pollutions.
Click to See Details
LESSON 1 – Meaning of Land - Things Found on the Land
Meaning of Land - Things Found on the Land
What is Land?
Land is the solid part of the earth not covered by water.
THINGS FOUND FOUND ON THE LAND
Examples: earthworm, insects, cat, elephant etc.
Examples: pawpaw, flower, orange etc.
LESSON 2 – Types of Land
Types of Land
What are the different types of Land?
1. Rocky land
2. Flat or plain land
2. Swampy land
3. Dry land.
LESSON 3 – Uses of Land
Uses of Land
What are the Uses of Land?
1. It is used for farming.
2. It is used for grazing.
3. It is used for transportation .
4. It is used for building – houses, market, hospitals, schools, industries, etc.
5. It is used as relaxation and recreational center.
6. It is used as playing ground.
LESSON 4 – Uses of Rocks to the Farmers
Uses of Rocks to the Farmers
What are the Uses of Rocks?
1. They are used for grinding papper, tomatoes, melon, etc.
2. They are used for check flood and prevent erosion.
3. They are used for scaring birds away.
4. They are used for breaking hard shells and nuts such as cracking palm kernel.
5. They are used for building farm barns.
LESSON 5 – Description of the Sun and Drawing of the Sun
Description of the Sun and Drawing of the Sun
PART 1 - Description of the Sun
1. The sun shines above the earth.
2. It is an object that is far away from the earth.
3. Sends its hot rays to the earth.
4. Its colour is yellow.
5. Sunrise and sunset to give day and night.
PART 2 - Drawing of the Sun
[Display a chart showing the sun and ask the pupils to draw and colour the sun]
LESSON 6 – Description of Air and Things to make you feel the presence of Air
Description of Air and Things to make you feel the presence of Air
PART 1 - What is Air?
We breathe in and breathe out air.
We cannot see air but feel when it blow.
Air has no colour, taste or odour.
All living things need air.
Man, animals and plants would die without it.
PART 2 - Things to make you feel the presence of Air
We can feel the Air using the following:
1. Mouth - Blowing air from the mouth
2. Hand fan - Through the waving of hand
4. Electric fan - Through standing or ceiling fans
LESSON 7 – Uses of Air
Uses of Air
What are the Uses of Air?
1. It is used for breathing – breath in air and breath out air.
2. It is used to inflate tyres, balloons, balls
3. It is used for cooling our body when we feel hot.
4. It support burning.
5. It supports movement.
LESSON 8 – Meaning of Air Pollution - Things that Pollute the Air
Meaning of Air Pollution - Things that Pollute the Air
What are the things that pollute the air?
1. Decay foods.
2. Death and rotten animals.
3. Smell from dirty toilet.
4. Smoke from over frying oil.
5. Passing out of gas from the cylinder.
6. Smell from gutter and canal.
7. Decaying kitchen waste
8. Smoke from engines like bad cars motorcycle or generator